Tuesday, July 23, 2013

For Norway!

It's been two years since the awful terror attack in Oslo and the following massacre at Utøya. July 22nd 2011, a day that is for ever etched into the memories of those who survived, those who lost family or friends and really a whole nation and it's neighbors, and people around the world.
I still remember hearing about the attacks on the news, and I just couldn't believe what I heard. I wished it was just a bad April fools joke... But it wasn't... It was for real... The work of one fanatic extremist... One who had gotten his hands on firearms and the recipe for a bomb. I know his name far too well, but I am not going to utter it, as that's what he wants. I want to forget everything about HIM and just remember those who stood in his way that day. His victims should have never been victims, they should still be alive and happy, but they aren't, they were brutally murdered by an armed madman, a raging lunatic.

Today I think of Norway, and my heart goes out to those who lost someone in the attacks, and I'm thinking of those who died, honoring their memory.


The song below is one by the Swedish singer Laleh, and it's a song the Norwegian people took to their hearts while grieving. Laleh also performed this song in Oslo last year on July 22nd, one year after the attacks. This day and this song is for Norway!

Never forget!




No comments:

Post a Comment