Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just because you normally like something...

Doesn't mean it always tastes good!

I'm not very picky with foods, I just don't eat fish or seafood or odd things (like snakes, bugs, dogs and such).

Anyways. I like tofu and I like green beans. But fermented green beans is just purely sickening, and so is tofu with some salted vegetable (which tastes like strong sea weed), I just can't handle that, it just tastes too bad!

Yesterday I had such an experience in the cafeteria at work. The lunch normally taste good, and I like both rice, beef and bamboo shots. But yesterday's lunch was the 3rd most horrible thing I've ever tasted! It was worse than the worst take-away box you can imagine! The beef was dry and swimming in water which tasted very strongly of bamboo shots which were overcooked, and the rice had some seasoning on top. For crying out loud, you DON'T put seasoning on rice before serving it!

I've cooked similar dishes at home and they always taste good. I like the combination but yesterday was just a MONDAY it seems... Needless to say, I only had a couple of sandwiches for lunch today as the main dish was fish and there were leftovers from yesterday as an option...

No comments:

Post a Comment