Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bowling with workmates

Yesterday the employee social group or whatever you want to call it, had their annual Bowling tournament and dinner. It was my 2nd year attending and even though I was out of energy yesterday and would have preferred to stay at home, I did have a good time. My bowling was worse than ever due to feeling weak and tired, but nevertheless, I did play and managed 2 strike and 2 or 3 spare, bad for me but yeah. As I said to my lane buddies- it's the result of long time sick leave and constant pain and tiredness.

The dinner was just OK. It was an Italian buffet. I guess it was nice for people who like olives, pesto and smelly cheese. I hate olives, pesto and smelly cheese which pretty much left me with a few tomatoes and some lasagna and bread. I simply can't stand Parmesan cheese, how people can eat something like that is for me a mystery. It tastes worse than old socks smell! One of the only Italian cheese I like is Mozzarella, but the mozzarella yesterday was quite odd too. The dessert was just soso as well. I'm not a fan of Tiramisu at all. A vanilla panacotta would have been nicer and not as sickening sweet!

It was a nice evening anyways, despite feeling really tired. I got home again shortly after midnight and went to bed more or less instantly and slept all night.
My husband and I went out shopping today and when we came back home I slept again for like 3 hours. 9.40pm now and I think I'll be off to sleep shortly.

The conclusion: I'm not a fan of Italian food except for pizza, pasta and lasagna. And I'm in no fit condition for being up late or bowling!

Now I'm going to take my painkiller and minipill and then get ready to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment