Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nearly there!

Just another two days of work before my vacation begins. I'm yet to even start packing for the trip to China, but seeing I have an hour's travel ONE way to and from work, I have a good excuse... When off work at 6pm I'm rather lucky to be home at 7pm and the first thing I have to do when coming home is to take a shower.
Today wasn't one of those smooth days travel wise... I had an errand at Bodyshop in Central station of Copenhagen on my way home- wanted to buy a gift for my Father-in-law, and when I came out from the shop going to the platform and saw the screens... DELAYS! And cancellations! And more delays...
Called my husband who did offer to pick me up by car, but I decided it was good enough if he could just pick me up at a bus stop somewhere not too far away from home. Said and done, I went out to the bus station and took a 5A towards the airport, got off not far from a crossing where that bus goes left and the way home is right and there my husband picked me up minutes later. Thanks heaven we have a car!

It's been a generally pretty lousy day. The 8 hours at work felt like at least 12, and the strike in Post Denmark didn't make it any better! We worked hard, but not much left the building since Post Denmark didn't come to pick it up. Now we have a fair amount of packages waiting for the post, and a whole lot of customers waiting for their supplies which in some cases might keep them alive and in other cases offer convenience and flexibility. Now if I had been working in a book store with mail service, I wouldn't have been too upset if customers had to wait an extra day for their orders, but I'm NOT working with books, I'm working with medical supplies! What if a customer has run out of supplies? You can't really walk into a pharmacy and find EVERYTHING, sometimes even a pharmacy has to specially order home something for a customer...

Now maybe I should take a look at my luggage for Sunday. Start packing a bit :) My hair is not nearly dry enough for going to sleep yet =X

No comments:

Post a Comment