Saturday, May 28, 2011

A diagnose is getting closer and closer

I have seen my doctor again and have now finally found my private health insurance from work highly useful! My doctor wants me to see a rheumatologist as soon as possible or preferably last week. She takes my condition very seriously and know how serious it could possibly be. She suggested I seek help in a private hospital as I have the insurance. Said and done, I called the insurance company after I arrived work and they approved my need to see a rheumatologist ASAP and gave me the phone number to a private hospital very close to where I live. Called the hospital after my lunch break and I got an appointment on June 8th!

On June 7th I'm going back to see my doctor again for a gastroscopic exam because of my gastritis issues. My doctor wants to see if a cause for the gastritis can be found. I've been through that procedure once before. That time I got a sedative medicine that was supposed to make me forget everything, but I do in fact remember EVERYTHING from that time. I remember I was totally fine having that procedure so I'm not nervous about it now. If it can give answers and possibility for a better treatment, it's well worth it!

My doctor believe it quite likely I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome so she wants to have me tested for it as soon as possible, and if I indeed get diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome she will make sure all of me gets tested for all possible problems the condition can cause. Ehlers Danlos Syndrome may cause so much more than just floppy joints and pain, it can also cause more severe issues like Mitral Valve Prolapse in the heart, or generally weak blood vessels so it's very important to get a diagnose and know how the condition affects the individual and have regular checkups of the heart and monitor how the joints are doing.

There are many types of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. The most common types are hypermobility type Ehlers Danlos, and Classic type Ehlers Danlos, both those may cause Mitral Valve Prolapse, or at least the hypermobility type may.
The other more common type is the Vascular type, it's much less common than Hypermobility and Classic type, but Vascular type Ehlers Danlos can be very severe and even deadly, it is considered one of the most severe types of Ehlers Danlos. There are other very very rare types of Ehlers Danlos too which can be more severe but those have had so few cases around the world so they are rarely mentioned.

In my case it is the Hypermobility type Ehlers Danlos which is suspected, possibly with a touch of Classic. As far as I have noticed, I have no issues which could indicate any Vascular Ehlers Danlos.

I could also have another connective tissue issue, but as it looks today, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome is the main concern.

Just thought I'd give you all an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment