Thursday, May 23, 2013

I wouldn't be able to do this without...

I really wouldn't be able to cope with everything at the moment if I didn't have all my Chronically Awesome friends and the Chronically Awesome Foundation!

There are so many things going on in my life at the moment, which you can read about in my previous post. And just dealing with one or more of those things I'm dealing with now, could floor anyone.

Thanks to Chronically Awesome, I'm able to deal with everything life is throwing at me at the moment, the most difficult of course, is my grandmother's condition.
A few hours ago, I attended a hangout like I always do on Wednesdays, and despite all the things going on, I was able to smile, laugh, feel happiness and feel normal. Everyone I know in the group are people I care about very much and we always have each other's back, and I consider them all, very close friends. Some of them are people I talk with a fair bit outside of the hangouts as well and I often think: I wish we were all geographically closer!

Taking part in Chronically Awesome really changed my life a few months back and my only regret is that I didn't join in much earlier! Had I not had this awesome group around me now, I wouldn't have been doing as well as I am in general, especially not now with my grandmother's condition to deal with mentally as well. Being Chronically Awesome can be tough enough at times anyways, there may be flares, frustrations and general struggles, without having loved ones fighting for their life in hospital on top of it all.

I'm so grateful I have such awesome people around me, Chronically Awesome, you rock my world!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jennie! How do you make me cry twice on one day. Again, as I said earlier, you express yourself in your words on this blog so beautifully.
    I am so sorry about your grandmother.
    You are truly amazing and so Chronically Awesome, I love talking to you anytime and seeing you each week in group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found us too Jennie! The group surely would be missing something without you there with us. Thank you!
    Daina

    ReplyDelete