Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rough day physically

It seems like everything is hitting me at the same time, like some kind of mega flare or something!

Seriously, I'm not joking when I call it a mega flare!

I'm currently symptomatic of the CCI to the point where I've been laying down a lot to relieve symptoms and I've needed to wear my Aspen Vista collar again, both sometimes in daytime and when I sleep. It's been a while since I last needed to wear my collar at all. I should probably wear it more than I do at the moment, but I do want to keep my muscles in my neck too, so I try to limit the time I wear the collar and only wear it when the symptoms become unbearable.

I'm having a hell of a time with my body from my waist down with a lot of pain in my lower back that radiates down my legs, and my legs feel like they're full of local anesthetics and lead, I'm barely able to move my legs when having that feeling of local anesthetics and lead in them and getting around at home is kinda interesting to say the least. Apart from the pain in and around my hips, knees and ankles and the pain radiating down from my back, my legs are a bit numb so if I pinch my thighs a bit, it doesn't hurt as much as it normally does- but I don't try that all that much, because I don't want to look like a smurf! This together with other symptoms I'm having indicates tethered cord syndrome or occult tethered cord syndrome, it's yet another complication of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I have just about every symptom of it, and it has been going on for years actually, I just haven't had my legs feeling like this before, at least not this much. It's yet another thing I'll need to bring up with a doctor. Actually the tethered cord symptoms along with the pain in and around joints below my waist, and the rapid fatigue, are the main reasons why I'm using a wheelchair, the wheelchair also helps my upper back and spares my arms and shoulders compared to crutches or a walking stick, it's also individually set up for me so it's the only chair I can sit in somewhat comfortably, so there you have it.

And as I've mentioned in the post yesterday, I'm having hand pain that at the moment is impairing the use of my hands which means I've had to limit my typing compared to my normal.

I also seem to have caught tendonitis in my left elbow.

With the very intense breakthrough pain I've had (and have) today, I was for a while considering going to the ER as the pain is so bad I find myself holding my breath at times, something I only do when being in intense pain and I do it unconsciously! Now I do have a high pain tolerance, I can break a bone and barely flinch or severely sprain a wrist and just keep going, so when I am considering going to hospital because of pain, it's bad!

Now seriously body! Why does everything have to hit at the same time? I have things to do, a life to live! I don't have time to be in this much pain!
Tomorrow it's supposed to hit 27 degrees C here (81F) and I have every intention to go out of town to enjoy the nice day! My plan is to go to Gothenburg and just sit in the big park to enjoy some ice cream in the sun and maybe meet up with some friends too. But if I can go or not depends on the condition of my legs, and if I'm able to be upright. I'll be driving if going to Gothenburg so have to feel fit to drive. It's a 100 mile round trip too! I won't know until I wake up tomorrow if I can go or not. But I'm hoping I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment