Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

2012 has come to an end and we survived the apocalypse that was supposed to happen in December according to the Mayans. Today is January 1st 2013 and I'm typing this post on my phone while resting on the sofa. Wild night last night you might think but that isn't the case at all! I had no alcohol at all last night, only some alcohol free cider and alcohol free bubbly to cheer in the new year.
I celebrated last night with my parents and we just had a three course dinner while watching Le Grand Cabaret du Monde on French TV5 Monde. For starter we had tomato and mozzarella, main course was oven baked potatoes and filet of beef and a portobello mushroom gravy and for dessert I had whipped together a vanilla pannacotta topped with pomegranate.

I had been hoping to say "pain is so last year!" but sadly the pain I lived with decided to make it into 2013 as well and 2013 has definitely gotten a painful start. I'm in agony today and have had to resort to rapid acting today, just the second time I have given in and taken rapid acting since I got long acting in November, so today is bad! Normally I just tough it out when I'm in more pain than my usual.

So now I'm waiting for the rapid to kick in, resting on the sofa while watching sports on TV and in little more than an hour I'm going to watch one of my all time favorite movies: The wizard of Oz! It's such a lovely movie and amazingly well made, especially considering it was filmed over 70 years ago now, it's still better than many movies made today! I don't know how many times I've watched The wizard of Oz but I just never get tired of it and try to watch it at least once per year, usually around Christmas or New Years.

Now I shall continue hugging the plushie pandas that I have on my and try not to cry before the movie begins. Might try to drag myself home soon too, and spend the afternoon with my cat instead of being with my parents. The big issue is, the pain is so bad I can barely walk at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment