Friday, January 31, 2014

Misbehaving Ehlers Danlos.

I really shouldn't be typing much at the moment as a wrist is acting up pretty bad, but anyways. I felt like blogging so I type now and suffer later.

Something has happened with my left wrist, one of the small bones has subluxed or dislocated in it and I can not get it back in place again! But seeing how I can move my wrist and the pain is manageable I have not gone to the ER with it as I absolutely despise "mixed waiting rooms". A mixed waiting room is where people come for various reasons, out of which some may be contagious. It's flu and norovirus season now so that makes me avoid mixed waiting rooms even more! I have however made an appointment with an occupational therapist/hand therapist for Tuesday and in the meantime I wear one of my rigid wrist braces as much as I can. Considering the fact that I am in a fair bit of pain from my wrist, I am very grateful that my basic pain management probably takes the edge off the wrist pain as well at the moment.

I have to admit it's quite bothersome that this little wrist bone has decided to act like a bitch, it's been out since probably late yesterday afternoon or at least yesterday evening. Normally when I sublux something, it goes out and pops right back in again, or only requires minor manipulation to pop back in place and normally the sublux isn't seen, this time I do have a bone visibly sticking out under my skin when I just flex my wrist backwards a little.

On another note: We finally got some proper snow! I haven't measured it but by the look of it, it looks like a couple of inches. First snow that really covers the ground this far in 2014! And all of a sudden, the ground looks prettier again and it looks more light outside. The little dust we had before had turned all dirty from vehicles.

Okay, time to let my wrist rest again. Can't handle actively using the computer for more than a few minutes at a time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment