Saturday, April 12, 2014

Busy day

It's been a really busy day today! Had to get up early (for being me) to take my cat to the veterinary, it was time for the annual vaccination. After the veterinary visit, I just dropped off my cat at home and went out on an errand, then mum and I went to the café before running another errand. Took a more scenic route home from my errands, a detour of a few miles. I had already been on my feet too much for being me, and I was driving the family stick shift car, obviously an ouch moment, but so worth it in spring time!
Came to my parents place, tried to rest a bit but ended up helping dad with Movie Maker instead, had dinner and helped dad some more before going home. Napped some when I got home, then I went down to my basement storage room to look for something which meant more walking and more stairs and more standing, and on top of it, lifting and pulling! Did not find what I was looking for, but I did find my high school graduation hat that I searched for high and low last year! Now in the end of April it will be 10 years since my graduation, so it sure was the right moment to find my hat!
When I was about to go upstairs again from the basement, my phone rang and it was mum who asked me if I wanted to go out to have pizza tonight, or if I wanted my them to bring me something from the pizzeria. Said and done, I went with my parents to the pizzeria.

I got back home from the pizzeria at roughly 22:00, after having been out and about for the most part of 12 hours, with very little rest! What I did when I got home? Started to search in my walk in closet for the item I couldn't find in the basement! I had to admit defeat though, my body is too worn out for the day.

Needless to say, I'm in quite a bit of pain at the moment, and I'm expecting it to get worse overnight. My back, hips and ankles are already a nasty piece of work... Knees aren't as bad as they could have been, thanks to wearing my rigid, hinged knee braces. We're talking kinda exoskeleton kind of knee braces!

Now it is pretty likely that I'll need to spend the next few days mostly in bed, and I guess now most people will see why I am not able to take a job and have to depend on disability, at least for the time being... I'm hoping to not depend on disability for the rest of my life :/

But seriously, I don't care! I got a lot done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment