Monday, April 21, 2014

Enjoying spring!

Despite me being awfully allergic to most types of pollen outside, I'm doing my best to enjoy the absolutely beautiful spring weather we're currently having in my area.
We're more or less having a heat wave and the trees outside are literally exploding! To be honest, I should probably sit in an isolated tent with my own air supply, but no, I ain't going to do that! I shall be, and am outside! I have to medicate for it a lot of course, I'm currently taking oral steroids, oral antihistamines, allergy eye drops and steroid nasal spray just to stay on top of my symptoms somewhat, I even had to increase my oral steroids yesterday even though I was supposed to start tapering down, but tapering down is just a no go at the moment when the birch pollen is peaking at High+ levels outside! I'll simply have to live with the effects of steroids for a bit longer.

Yesterday my parents and I went outside to have lunch out in the green, starting the BBQ season because of the nice weather. Today we went out to a nearby old castle ruin for some afternoon coffee outside and photographing!

I dare say I'm struggling to type this now as the trip today really make my hands hurt awfully and I was extremely fatigued when I came home, was unable to move at all for a couple of hours, it was rough terrain for me to get around so my hands and wrists took quite the beating, at the same time I wasn't feeling well enough to walk that much, so yeah, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and pretty severe pollen allergy at the same time can be quite a bitch! Ring splints on left hand minus little finger, and a wrist brace on my right wrist, just to be able to type at all at the moment, plus resting up in bed for the fatigue. Could do with some extra painkillers too for my hands, but I'm not going to, I'm just taking it easy instead, trying to limit my typing tonight at least on the computer. Just finished watching a movie, Brave, and may watch another movie before sleep, or even try to make a YouTube video for once, I just don't know what I'd say if I was to make a YouTube video tonight so I'm guessing I'll just watch another movie.

Anyways, my hands are hurting too much for typing on computer now, so I shall round this post off with some pictures from the trip today!






No comments:

Post a Comment