Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The afterflu

So, I've been quiet for a few days again. It has its good reasons though. I've been down with a flu! I had a cold all last week, actually since New Year's eve, and then on Thursday after standing outside for an hour waiting for my bus, I started feeling ill, started freezing. Did manage to work my shift, but as I suspected, I had a fever when I got home that evening and I was still freezing. On Friday morning there was only really one thing to do- call in sick! I had a fever on Friday which ended up reaching 39.5 degrees C in the evening. On Saturday I was even more sick, waking up with 39 degrees and barely being able to get out of bed all day. In the evening my temperature reached its peak, a whopping 39.9 degrees! That's when I decided to call the doctor. Called doctor, and as I was too weak (and alone) to go to the doctor, a doctor came home to me, confirmed that I had the flu and gave me a couple of Paracetamol and an Ibuprofen (I had run out of those at home) along with a prescription for Tamiflu (which I still haven't picked up).
Anyways, fever went away night to Sunday and since I woke up on Sunday I've been fever free and slowly but surely started to feel like a human again. Today I can even breathe some through my nose again! Today I've also started to work again, it was hard and tiring, but I managed it :)
Nose is still a bit swelled up on the inside along with some coughing, but I'm on the mend :)

I've actually only had flu maximum once or twice before this in my 25 years, and I've never taken the flu shot!

I guess I'm normally quite immune to the flu, but it hit me this time probably because of me already having a cold so my immune system was a bit weaker.
Really, other years I've been around people who has had the flu at that time, and I haven't got it!

In fact, I very rarely catch any of those seasonal bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment