Friday, January 21, 2011

Shoe rant!

OK, so we have to wear safety shoes at work, or well, we should at least wear them and most people do, most of the time. I do when I can handle wearing mine because those shoes are just a near death experience for my poor feet, ankles, knees and whole body really. Seriously, how difficult can it be to make COMFORTABLE safety shoes!?! After all, us who wear safety shoes at work are not office people sitting on our bums all day, we're physical workers who stand or walk all day, lift heavy items and/or deal with machines- which is the whole reason why we wear the safety shoes!

Many times, if I manage to wear my damn safety shoes for a whole day, I don't walk like the 25 year old I am when walking to the bus, I walk like a 80 year old lady! I'm in so much pain I can barely even walk! And the pain lingers for days, and even wearing proper shoes is painful for days!

I've been wearing my safety shoes for a day or two this week. Today I tried wearing them but had to give up after just a short while, the pain was just too much to handle! I had to risk my feet safety because the shoes made to protect them are too fucking uncomfortable! For crying out loud, I'm driving around a 800kg (~1764 pounds) forklift at work!

The worst part? NO INSURANCE is valid if I get hurt at work without wearing my safety shoes, be it a bad cut or be it having toes hurt by falling goods or a forklift.

I need better safety shoes, or the safety shoe makers need to wear their own shoes to try them before putting them into mass production!

Out of my own experience, Terra has good comfort, but the pair I have is a bit too narrow in the toe area so I get deep blisters from the steel cap so I can't wear them much. The other pair I have is a pair I got at work, they're from FTG and to put it simple- they make my feet suicidal and I have better comfort and foot support while standing bare feet on concrete floor!

I think my hypermobility may play a part in my shoe issues too, but I'm not the only one at work complaining about the discomfort of that shoe model from FTG!

I've even put gel insoles in my shoes to try to make them better, but it doesn't help!

No comments:

Post a Comment