Monday, February 28, 2011

An extended weekend in my hometown.

Just got home from an extended weekend in my hometown, with my parents in my childhood home. It's been a nice but busy weekend indeed. I arrived my hometown in the late evening on Thursday, on Friday morning I took my cat to the veterinary for his annual vaccination and in the afternoon mum and I went to a nearby town to buy a new computer for dad because his birthday was on Thursday.
Saturday we went to have a look at a very nice 2nd hand store in my hometown just for fun, in the afternoon we went to Gothenburg to visit my Grandmother who has birthday today.
Yesterday I went to another nearby town to meet a couple of friends I know from a Swedish forum. They both have EDS of hypermobility type, though one of them has a touch of classical type as well as the hypermobility type. I truly had a blast yesterday, there we were, three young women, all with similar problems and it was so funny because we were all about the same height and about the same shoe size. We also compared our hypermobility a little bit and even though I'm not having a diagnose yet other than hypermobility/HMS, I was way more hypermobile than both my friends. The main difference between them and me is that my joints stay in place while they have issues with dislocating joints.

Today I had planned to just relax in daytime, preparing for my trip back to Copenhagen, it didn't turn out quite as planned. Woke up at 8:30 and stretched out a bit in bed only to hear a very sickening crack, very unlike the sounds my joints normally make, and with that sickening crack came instant severe pain in my right shoulder blade area! I stayed in bed for an hour extra, trying to rest the pain away but it didn't work. I could barely get out of bed because of the pain and once I got out of bed it was quite the struggle to have breakfast. Any wrong movement I do will cause a pain top bad enough to give me tears in my eyes and I have high pain tolerance.
Now almost 14 hours later I'm still in quite a bit of pain even with Naproxen and Paracetamol active in my system. Those painkillers didn't help for me at all! I'm not a big fan of painkillers, partly because they rarely work for me and partly because I'm not a fan of taking any medicine in general. Today I didn't really have a choice because I had to sit for 3 hours on an uncomfortable train back to Copenhagen, the whole trip back to Copenhagen took me over 5 hours from door to door.

My friends I met yesterday suggested I go to ER today, but I'll wait and see how it feels tomorrow. I don't even know if it is possible to dislocate anything in the shoulder blade area, but if it is, I probably had my first dislocation or subluxation today :/
If the pain is at this level tomorrow, I'm going to see my doctor or go to the ER!

All in all, it's been a nice weekend even though it's been everything but relaxing ;) The pain I got today is just a hiccup :P

No comments:

Post a Comment