Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's official!

I'm a spoonie!

Went to see my doctor this morning because of long term pain and hypermobile joints, and the doctor confirms that yes, I am hypermobile. I was however not happy with the appointment as I don't think he listened properly and took the easy way out sending me to physiotherapy that I know will do absolutely nothing for me- I ONLY have bad experiences from the past!

I didn't get a formal diagnose as far as I know, but considering I am hypermobile and have the pain, I guess you could say I have Hypermobility Syndrome for now, but until it's been checked for, EDS can't be ruled out.

I really hate going to doctor, and going today and not being taken seriously... I'm feeling let down and in a way pissed off. Ok, so I'm supposed to just accept this pain and put more strain on my joints with physiotherapy? Like helloooo I'm working full time, with my body! I CAN NOT BE STRONGER THAN I ALREADY AM! I'm strong enough to pretty much be moving mountains and I think that's one of the reasons my joints do stay in place and just cause pain.

Someone who is in the mood to shout at the system, be my guest! I simply don't have the energy to argue with a highly educated concrete wall :(

But yeah, I'm a spoonie! I'm 25 and will probably have joint and pain issues for the rest of my days, am already a few years in with some joints...

No comments:

Post a Comment