Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Late night blogging again again again

It's now 1:40am as I begin to write this. I haven't done much today, I wanted to do a lot, but have been unable to focus on anything, those who know me more personally may know or guess why... I won't say it out loud here on my blog anyways... Was at least trying to study some maths in daytime.
And I got pretty thrilled about the news they just may have found the elusive Higgs Boson at last! First at CERN on the Swizz/French border and a couple of days later, Fermilab in USA announced they may have found the Higgs Boson as well. Will be interesting to see if they have indeed found it this time! It will take a while to analyze the results according to the news report.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/breakthrough-hailed-in-quest-for-god-particle-2319902.html

So, what is the Higgs Boson you may wonder. I am certainly not the right person to answer that, I only know very very little and can't explain it well, so you'd better hit wikipedia on this ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_Boson

Just pretty funny how the scientists have been looking for this particle for so long, and suddenly it may have been found in two particle accelerators within a couple of days of each other.

Either way, it's exciting and I'll try to follow these news :)


For some reason, blogger won't post the links as hyperlinks, I don't know why! You'll just have to copy and paste if you want to read the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment