Wednesday, July 20, 2011

University plans!

I have made some big plans these past few days. I already know I can no longer work in a warehouse, and taking a regular office job would just bore me to world's end and be a waste of brain power.
I've heard from many that I'm too intelligent to do a physical job or just a random job. It is time! Time to walk down the path of academics! I have not known what I wanted to study before now. Now I'm pretty sure I know!
Due to being sick of school in Jr. High, I went to the wrong type of high school- one focusing more on practical knowledge than theoretical. It's something what has been haunting me ever since I graduated in 2004!
I now have to deal with most of the high school maths, and all the high school science to be able to apply the University program I want to study. But that should be fully possible. I'm not stupid, I've just been unfortunate with schools and teachers in the past. With the right motivation, which I feel I have now, I can reach the stars if I want to!
What I want to study at university? Well, science of course! I may study either Physics or Chemistry, or Biochemistry.
I'm a nerd, and I'm damn proud of it!

I want to study again, now is the right time to do it! I'll soon be 26, I can no longer do my current job and I finally know what I want to do with my life!

I know it will be hard, especially maths will be hard as I've got more talent for languages than maths. But I can and will do it!

I'm now trying to decide which University I'd prefer to study at. I'm choosing between Lund University which is very old and internationally well known, with an amazing study atmosphere and true academic feeling in the whole city. You could pretty much say Lund is a University and it happens to be a city as well.
Then there's Gotenburg University, I've never been studying there but know it is a good University, I also have my family in or around Gothenburg which means I'd be close to my family again if I go to University there. On the other hand, I never get the cozy feeling when I'm in Gothenburg, it's just a city which happens to have a University.
So which should I pick? It will be a difficult choice as I'll be studying for four years at that one University unless I exchange and study abroad some too. Should I pick the amazing academic atmosphere, or being close to my family? I'll obviously apply both Universities when I get that far with my maths, I hope to start studying at University in autumn of 2012.
I've been living 400km away from my family for the past 5 years next month, only seeing my family a few times every year. Still, even if I choose Lund (which feels most likely), I'll at least be a bit closer to my family, about an hour closer compared to the travel time I have now.
I really like Lund University and the whole city of Lund. It's the most academic city in Sweden! Just walking down the streets in Lund and you pass by a University building every few steps, it really gets you in the mood to study!

Now bring on the maths! I'm so motivated for this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment