Saturday, July 16, 2011

Late night rambles

It's about 3am when beginning to write this post. I'm wide awake, listening to music pretty loud in earphones and have no intention to sleep anytime soon, not because I don't want to sleep, but because my body tells me it doesn't need to sleep at the moment.

I was born night owl! I've heard myself on old tape recordings from 1987 when I was about to turn 2, the grown ups (my parents and an elderly couple we used to go out camping with) were trying to make me sleep at 11:30pm and me proclaiming loudly "Don't want to sleep!" in very childish Swedish.
It's just natural for me to be up this late, I don't usually need much sleep at all. I have many nights of only sleeping for 3-6 hours, and can do just fine on less sleep too.

Maybe my body is permanently in the wrong time zone? I dunno. I just know my lack of sleep surprises many around me. I'm often awake until 2-3 in the morning even when I need to get up to work in the morning.

I love sitting up at night, it's so peaceful! And it also means I can spend time chatting with friends in USA and I have pretty many friends in the States. Sometimes they're off to sleep before me even ;)

Enough late night rambles now. I'm going to continue listening to music until I'm tired enough to fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment