Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas party at work!

Yesterday my job had its annual Christmas party, and to just have some fun and hang out with workmates outside of shifthours I attended the party- it's like the only time per year I'm in a party which isn't a family gathering. Anyways, it was yesterday evening and despite being really tired from working a "normal" shift (7.30am-3pm instead of my now 9.30am-5pm) after working until 6pm thursday, I had a really good time.
We had an Elvis copy doing a show between the starter and the main food, and that show was great. Both funny and very high standard of the songs, so that guy was good at his job for sure!
Other than that it was a lot of joking around and making parodies of everything and it made everyone laugh out loud many times through the night.
I left the party quite early though. I was just too sleepy after the long day and getting up at 5.30am after working until 6pm the day before and falling asleep sometime around midnight so it was a long day indeed. Along with that, there was only one bus per hour from anywhere near my job and it wasn't too tempting to walk about 2km to a train station on a friday evening when many companies have their Christmas party, so at 10.30pm I took the bus and after a couple of transfers between transports I got home at 11.15pm and fell asleep shortly after midnight. Woke up at 10am this morning and still pretty tired, but I had not expected to not be tired this weekend.

But one thing is for sure about last night: The word "Financial Crisis" doesn't exist in my workplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment