Saturday, October 20, 2012

First day as 27

The day started okay, I woke up when I planned to, snoozed for an hour and got up an hour later than I first had planned. Anyways, I did do what I planned to do, minus the nail polish, eyebrows and makeup (I just wasn't in the mood for it) and out I went for a visit at my favorite cafe. Mum had "ordered" me to listen to a local radio station between 1pm and 3pm because she had requested a song for me on there, the song wasn't played unfortunately so it feels like I wasted a couple of hours listening to shite music when I really just wanted peace and quiet. My grandmother arrived by train at 1:40pm and because of me being stuck with the radio, dad had to go pick her up at the station. I was the master chef of the day, cooking oven fried potatoes, pork outside fillet which is much nicer than the fillet, red wine gravy and asparagus for dinner, all on my own with no assistance in the kitchen at all. A friend came over while I was busy in the kitchen and we were chitchatting while I was cooking dinner and she got to try all the kinds of cakes and cookies I had baked earlier in the week and she then joined us for dinner. Dinner got top mark from everyone, my grandmother even said everything tasted better than at the restaurant we had lunch at when going to the book fair together the other week ;) Began preparing the birthday cake after dinner and while I was decorating the cake our family friends arrived just before 5pm. Had coffe, cakes, cookies and birthday cake at around 6pm and everyone said everything tasted amazing! Chitchatting and DVD watching on the sofa after coffee until it was time to drive my grandmother back to the station for her 8:17pm train, then back to parents place where dad and the family friends were still watching DVD's and we kept watching more DVD's and looking in photo albums and just talking. Our family friends stayed until 11pm and I got back home to my place shortly after 11:30 after a really nice but tiring and busy day! Think I'll rest up tomorrow. I'm getting a really sore throat now anyways, might be catching yet another cold. I'm absolutely shattered, but happy with the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment