Friday, October 26, 2012

The big meeting

I had the meeting this morning after a pretty much sleepless night. I was being kept awake by pain even though I had taken painkiller and once I finally fell asleep, it was impossible to stay asleep. Anyways, the meeting this morning went really well, apart from me being in complete agony while sitting for an hour on the chair in my doctors office. I was close to tears from pain most of that hour the meeting took, but at least my doctor, physiotherapist, occupational therapist and my Insurance person could see what my situation really is like and everyone agreed that I'm NOT fit for work at any conventional workplace. The Insurance person even suggested I apply for disability for people under age 30 so that's probably the road I'll take. It's definitely not fun having to make such a decision at age 27 but at the moment, I see no other way unless working from home one way or another and working from home is very uncommon here.
As a big surprise to me, my occupational therapist mentioned I may be eligible for a powerchair or mobility scooter to better get around within my town to spare my arms and legs. I'm not sure what to think of it, in a way it could be good, in another way I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it. It was hard enough making the decision that I need a manual wheelchair for bad days or long days out and trips out of town.
I'll see really...

After the meeting I went home, took a quick shower and then dozed off for 45 minutes before getting ready for my other meeting today. Other meeting also went well and after having dinner in the afternoon I took a nap of probably about 2 hours. Been tired all evening but at least feeling more alive now than I did this morning! Haven't needed more painkillers since the ones I took when I got back home from the first meeting today, hoping for an early night tonight as I haven't slept before 4am any day this week.

Probably putting away laptop for the night very soon, just relax for a while and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment