Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gothenburg

Mum and I did take the train down to Gothenburg today. I was feeling surprisingly well when waking up this morning so I decided we'd go. We arrived in Gothenburg at 11am and took a tram to a nearby tram stop from the rehab shop is located and waited for my grandmother to arrive too before we went to the rehab shop. I found a whole lot of useful things in that shop I must say! I bought a PenAgain pen and a key ring with pill container, the key ring will save me so much space as I can bring two of my normal doses (that can also be one increased dose in case of really BAD pain) of meds in it, and I always carry my keys! Now no more medicine containers and blister packs littering in my tiny handbag!
I also bought some kind of padding for my crutches, and while it does make it softer for the hands, the grip just gets too big so I think it's a fail :( The grip is too big so I can't walk with the crutches and wear my thumb splints at the same time! The thumb splints rub on my skin over the MCP joint just like the old splints did and my new ones are MUCH softer and shouldn't rub at all! I found this out the hard way when walking home from parents place tonight, it's a very short distance, takes only a couple of minutes for someone who can walk freely, and it was enough for the splint to make my thumbs really sore thanks to the grip being bigger on the crutches from padding.
I think I'll have to order a pair of smart crutches soon as those are made for issues like this: People having issues with forearm crutches! I could of course get another kind of forearm crutches too, with the softer, anatomical grip, but those are nearly as pricey as the SmartCrutch and the SmartCrutch is more adaptable and it comes in more fancy colors.

I'm really shattered now, time to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment