Monday, October 29, 2012

It's like having a tooth ache!

Just in the joints instead of in a tooth... I sure am paying for yesterday now! Left hip is nasty and so is my lower back and knees, and my hands are aching pretty bad! The padding of my crutches failed miserably, it was enough to walk from my parents place to home with it on the crutches and wearing my thumb splints and my skin was getting rubbed and sore. With padding but without splints, I still found the crutches to be too big to hold so it hurt my hands even though it was nice with the softer surface, the grip was just too big! The very big grips of the crutches also hurt my right thumb, making it nearly as bad as my left thumb in just minutes... It's now been pretty much decided that I will order a pair of SmartCrutches as they take the pressure from wrists and have smaller, softer handle than regular forearm crutches. It won't help my legs much, but it will help my hands and arms, making it hurt less to walk. Looking at cost, some anatomically correct crutches can cost as much each and have less possibility of adjustments, than the SmartCrutches which are sold in pairs and can be adjusted in many ways.

Forgot to mention yesterday that mum, grandmother and I went to an American bakery shop in Gothenburg yesterday and mum and grandmother got their JellyBelly jelly beans and mum and I bought Red velvet cupcakes to bring home for the coffee, also bought a slice of Lemon meringue pie which my parents and I shared. All of us really liked the Red velvet cupcake, but the lemon meringue pie was kinda sickening sweet. But anyways, will definitely get the Red velvet cake or cupcake again :) We're going to that shop again sometime and it's also a cafe so we'll have some coffee and cake there then, at that time I will for sure try the Red velvet cake as it looks different than the cupcake version, it was just easier to bring as cupcakes than trying to carry a box with 3 slices of cake and try to make the cake pieces stand up all the way back to hometown with having lunch at a restaurant before taking the train back.

Can't type much more now... Aching too much all over, including hands... Trying to tough it out without taking anything for it.


To all my friends on the American East coast: Stay safe in the hurricane! I'm thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment