Monday, April 15, 2013

Mum's 60th birthday!

Today my mum turned 60 and it's been a really nice day with seeing family and friends at the birthday party. Haven't seen most of them for a really long time now and wish there had been more time to chat with everyone but oh well, not much time when there's over 30 people and needing to help some with preparations between savory cake and birthday cake and such. I had made the birthday cakes, I normally make the cakes when me or my parents are having a birthday or we have layered cake for any other reason, and I always make the cakes from scratch! No cake mixes or ready made cakes from the supermarket!
The cakes turned out pretty nice both with taste and visual so I don't have to feel ashamed lol

Just wish I could have had a days break from this pesky allergy! It's so bad at the moment I was considering the ER both yesterday and today, but I'm a stubborn donkey so just trying to ride it out until tomorrow when I can call my clinic and get a prescription without sitting in an ER waiting room just to get some Betamethasone and/or a cortisone injection against the allergy. I can barely talk due to the allergy clogging up my nose completely along with restricting my airways in general. I sound like I'm having a cold from Jupiter! And think I might have just subluxed my hip from sneezing as I'm typing this, got a violent sneezing attack and as I'm sitting kinda cross legged with my laptop, the force from the sneeze made my right hip pop loudly but it must have popped right back in again because I'm not in too much pain now at least, usually comes later though...

Apart from the issues with my allergy today, I've had a really great day and it was great to see mum having such a great day too! Dad and I got her a new digital camera so she was snapping pictures all the time at the party to try it out, and she had both adoptive relatives, biological relatives and in-law relatives and some friends at the party, so I met all three sides of my family today, which is always nice :) And her friends are people I know very well and they've been a part of my life all my life so it was really nice to see them as well.

I was so happy my cousin closest to me in age could make it today as well! And I'm so happy and excited for her, she's got a car that she can drive! A car with hand controls, so now she's practicing for her license and she's really close to the tests! I'm crossing all my bendy bits for her to pass the tests so she can experience the wonderful freedom of being able to just jump into the car and go (as long as feeling one is a safe driver of course) instead of having to wait for taxi or have someone driving everywhere. Her disability is far worse than mine, loss of sensation in legs from nerve damage during surgeries so she can't drive with her feet, so I'm so happy she's finally able to drive thanks to hand controls! Saw her drive a bit today as she was practicing to and from the party, and from what I saw she's already a great driver and I think she'll pass the tests with flying colors!

Now to the big decision of the night: Do I watch The Hobbit tonight? Or do I wait until another night? I'm leaning towards tonight ;)

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful post. I wish I could do the same for my mom on her birthday. How I love to express my best 60th birthday wishes for her... Although she's on heaven now. Happy birthday to your mom...

    Cheers xxx
    Alma

    ReplyDelete