Wednesday, November 18, 2009

System is a down...

Yet again the system at work has been down! So my first 4 hours today at work were mainly spent in the coffee room, chatting with workmates and just waiting for the system to be up and running again. And of course, when the system was finally up and running again, some people had already finished their shift for today or would finish an hour or two later. Computer systems are just great (not). Can't live with them, can't live without them... Sometimes I miss the good old days where people used pen and paper instead of relying on something which can brake down in the blink of an eye. It's the second time in less than a week we've had a major breakdown in the system and it hasn't been the same problem these times, and hasn't been the same problem as when the system has gone down before. It's really quite odd and now is an especially bad time for systems to break down because December is usually a very busy month and December is coming fast now.

I found my The Sims3 case today. It was in the bookshelf, so now I'm re-installing The Sims 3 on my computer. I just hope I'll be able to find all the downloads I had to my game before. I know my previously saved games and families are lost, but that matters less. Can always just make new families when playing. It is the custom items I'd like to have again now. Downloaded houses, hairs, clothes. Oh well, at least the game is installing now. Will maybe take a look at it tomorrow evening and play some, today I'm just too sleepy.

I've also re-installed iTunes today and synchronized my iPhone with my new iTunes. That is something that really bothers me with iPhone! You are only able to have it synced with one iTunes at a time, which means you'll lose all the music you have if you have to use another computer for some reason, or if your computer has been formatted for one reason or another. I've lost my music twice from my iPhone, first time was when I got this laptop I'm using now, and I bought this one because my old one broke down- possible motherboard... And the second time was today when wanting to be able to add music from my laptop after upgrading it to Windows 7 the other day. Same computer as a few months ago, but still had to delete the music from my iPhone and sync it, just because all softwares were deleted when I upgraded my system. It's pretty damn annoying! Other than the iTunes issue, I absolutely love my iPhone. Best phone I've ever had! It fits my needs perfectly and the things it doesn't have as default can be downloaded from the application store.

I really do sleep too little these days. I've been falling asleep around 1.30-2am several nights in a row now, partly because my hair is wet, and partly because I get home from work 2 hours later these days and still have things to do at home. Of course, mostly my time at home means relaxing, but I do need many hours to just calm down after a workday. Even if I feel tired from working hard all day, I can't fall asleep unless I relax for several hours when I come home. That is one big reason why I work daytime/afternoon shift and not evening shift. If I work until 11pm and come home around midnight, I won't be able to fall asleep until maybe 3am! My current worktimes, 10am to 6pm is bad enough right now... Have no time to actually do things after work because most things are closed still when I'm going to work, and most things have already closed when I'm off work. And housework? Nah, no time for that either. I don't even eat dinner daily simply because I feel it's too late in the evening to eat at 8pm or later. My first priority when I come home is to take a shower so my hair is dry when it's time to sleep.

Weekends? Well, not much relax on those either, you have to do everything you didn't have time to do in the weekdays sometime, so usually my weekends means doing laundry, maybe some cleaning and actually spending some quality time with my husband for more than 5 minutes just before sleep. In the weekends we can actually enjoy eachother's company in daytime! And that time is worth so much I can't even put words to it!

Seems my Sims 3 has finished installing finally. Might take a quick look at it today even.

Better take a quick look at The Sims 3 now, put my SonyEricsson C905 to charge and then go to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment