Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Best song by Queen, ever!

I've totally fallen for Queen in the last few days, especially the song The show must go on. Today while I was listening to it at work on my iPhone, I started analyzing the content of the lyrics while listening, realizing that this song sounds like a kind of farewell song. By the sound of it, I just made a wild guess that it was written after Freddie Mercury got his AIDS diagnosis. Did a google search to know more after I got home from work today, and it truly brought me to tears when I found out that the song was written in the very end of Freddie's life. Upon recording it, he was so ill he could barely stand on his legs! Yet he nailed the song completely. The rest of Queen never even thought he'd be able to sing it in his usual way, but he did! The single was released on October 14th 1991, just 6 weeks before Freddie passed away. It was before he even had made it public that he had AIDS.
Knowing this now, makes me realize the lyrics of the song has a hidden message in it, telling his fans that the show must go on even after he's gone. He's in the song discretely saying he's dying. He knew he didn't have much time left.
It's the last song he ever recorded, yet his voice is flawless!
Singing and smiling until the very end...

Some people seem to be of the opinion that Freddie brought on HIV/AIDS on him because of his sexual preferences. To those people I want to say: It can happen ANYONE if not being careful! Freddie was just unfortunate to catch the infection and it has nothing to do with him being bisexual! It's especially unfortunate that he caught the infection back in the days where there wasn't much knowledge about it, and no good medications for it.
It's tragic how he passed, and I can't even imagine how much suffering he must have been going through before he finally got to rest.

NEVER say that someone brought on a disease on themselves! Doesn't matter what disease it is or the severity of it.

But seriously! Do let him love who ever he loves and loved! There's absolutely nothing wrong with bisexual or homosexual relations! LOVE IS LOVE!

This last part I just had to let out. Some comments on youtube really made me upset!

Now do enjoy this masterpiece and let the show go on!





(On an additional note, in case someone wonder: I'm hetero and have never had any kind of STD or any other potentially dangerous infection)

I accept people as they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment