Saturday, November 13, 2010

The day before WDD!

Tomorrow is World Diabetes Day! It's celebrated annually on November 14th in honor of Sir Frederick Bantings birthday. Millions of people around the world have Mr Banting and his fellow scientists to thank for still being alive.
His discovery of Insulin has saved and is still saving so many lives everyday. I thank him and his fellow scientists for discovering insulin, and scientists after him for developing better insulin types and more accurate and painless ways of injecting it.
I want to say thank you to all scientists who do their best to improve quality of life for people with diabetes by coming up with new and better ways for keeping diabetes in control, and who work night and day with finding a cure!

Blue is the awareness color for diabetes. Tomorrow millions of people around the world will wear something blue, you can do it too! I will!

Do feel welcome in joining in on the Big Blue Test tomorrow at 2pm your local time if you have diabetes, or if you know someone will diabetes, invite them to join in on it. In the meantime please watch the video and help save a child with diabetes :)




If you don't have diabetes and don't know someone who has. You can still participate in World Diabetes Day by wearing something blue to show your support, and maybe spend a few minutes on learning something about diabetes that you didn't know before.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! You could not write it better.
    Tomorrow I will be performing my first big blue test with my partner.
    At 2pm I will check my blood glucose. We will dance queer tango for 14 min then I will check it again.
    Post then everything on www.bigbluetest.org
    You and I should be among the early ones on twitter! So I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to follow the results tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on both Twitter and big blue test page tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete