Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just random.

I have a tendency to sometimes make my own words, or at least I think so. Anyways, it's words others MAY use, but I've never seen before. Today another popped into my head when reading on twitter in my afternoon break at work. My friend Anna woke up low in the middle of the night last night, and when she woke up this morning I asked her if the "hypo fairy" was gone.

A hypo fairy low is a low which comes very unexpected and preferably in the night- as if a fairy just blows some fairy dust on someone and the dust makes blood sugar go low.

Hypo fairy has a sister too, but they're like night and day. While hypo fairy likes to make people go low when least expecting it, her sister Hyper fairy likes to spread sugar dust and hidden carbohydrates around her where ever she goes, making it extremely difficult for a PWD to calculate the carbohydrates.

But the worst of all has to be Mr DKA who has a crush on Hyper fairy. It's when they go out on a date things can go really bad really fast for the PWD who only wants to have good, stable blood sugar levels, or even better: A CURE!

But until Diabetes has a cure, there's only one thing for PWD's to do. Rely on the superhero Insulin who always comes to the rescue when Hyper fairy has been in the neigbourhood ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've got all these little pictures going thru' my head for cartoon characters of Hypo Fairy, Hyper Fairy, Mr. DKA (I have a good picture of what he looks like in my mind ) - and of course SUPERHERO INSULIN (of course - he'll be wearing a blue cape!). I think we should write a kids book explaining diabetes - what do you think? Time to work on my artistic abilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a lot of fun writing a childrens book about diabetes. You know all about the condition after so many years of living with it. I only know very little in comparison and will never ever know as much as you! But I do understand things, maybe a tiny bit more than the "general public" thanks to doing a fair amount of reading- including eyeing through the book about the history of insulin some years ago.

    I too have some images going through my head with those characters. In my head, Mr DKA is something like a red sugarcoated devil with an evil grin on his face :S

    But gosh it would be fun writing a book just for fun lol

    ReplyDelete