Friday, November 12, 2010

The trains in Copenhagen

As in any bigger city, Copenhagen has a wide network of public transport through the city and suburbs. With so much public transportation available one would think this city is a commuter heaven. But it isn't!
There's hardly one day without delays, cancelled trains or waiting for signals, or what about people talking on the phone or playing music too loud in the silent area of the train!
I have a 20 minute drive to work from home, but as I don't have a car now I'm forced to go by train, and that takes an hour, not including the possible problems that may occur on the way.
Since yesterday the commuter trains within the city has problems due to a fallen power line in one station, and it's not the first time the power lines fall down. Haven't they heard about screwdrivers and maintenance here? In spring I had 2 days in a week with fallen power lines so it took me twice as long to get home! Ended up having to be picked up by car both those days.
Thanks heaven it's Friday today, only need to go home from work in the afternoon and then I'm off commuting for 2 days and can spend my time on more important things than waiting for late trains and having to listen to other peoples MP3 players in the silent part of the train!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment