Sunday, November 14, 2010

World Diabetes Day!

Happy World Diabetes Day everyone!
Hope you all have a great day where ever you are in the world!
I'm wearing blue today, even though I've mostly been at home. Just went downstairs to do laundry earlier today. I would have liked to go into Copenhagen today to take a look around town to see if any building or monument had been lit in blue, but as the public transportation to the central part of Copenhagen is not at its best on Sundays, unless I wanted to take the detour past central station of course, along with it being misty and rainy all day, I decided to just stay at home.

But since blue is the color to wear today, I think this video fit in very well. Yes, look, a whole music video full of little blue Diabetes awareness men!



And again, just like yesterday, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Dr Banting and Best for discovering insulin! And THANK YOU all scientists who keep improving the insulin and delivery methods for it to make life better and easier for millions of people world wide.

Happy Birthday Sir Frederick Banting! I hope you are proud over the developments that has been made since you first started treating diabetes patients with insulin back in the 1920's. Without you, many of my friends would not be here today. Thank you for saving so many lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment